Monday 24 October 2011

Rough character mock-ups

Last week I was working on some character designs for the Voodoo project, and  ended up growing pretty fond of the grandad on the top right with his pilot hat and goggles!



Pipe, or no pipe? Yet to be decided! But I do quite like his posture and demeanour in this one.

Granny! .... Looking a bit authoritative, like she could kick grandad's ass, especially on the far right! Haha! Not the right look we were going for, but hey...I still quite like the character.

Here's an initial design for Charlie. I quite like the expression and how these kinda of mouth shapes and eyes could work really well in stop-motion. I'm thinking they could be interchangeable by slotting them into the face with a pin. This drawing was inspired by a phone-call to my nan. Let's call it primary research. I was asking her to describe her brothers when they were young boys, and here's what I came up with. 


Next up for this week is to take these characters and develop them further, so hopefully by next Monday I can have some neat polished up versions and expression sheets! 

1 comment:

  1. These are just brilliant!! Great, great character designs. So much style and charm to them. You can really see each individual personality. Alfred is so sweet and Charlie looks so cheeky. You've got the style so great! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete