Sunday 18 September 2011

Attempt with digital paint

I was watching t.v the other day (something I don't really do!) and Nicki Minaj came on - I realised just how animated she is particularly when it comes to her facial expressions....so I ended up doing some doodles...

I liked the one on the left and the bottom one the most with the rounder face - I thought that was most like her so I took one of them to Photoshop and voila! I'm pretty pleased with how they came out since I haven't Photoshopped in a while, especially when it comes to character design. But recently I've been watching a lot of tutorials on blending and using various painting techniques to make your artwork really 'pop,' so I wanted to try some of them out. So here she is....


1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic!! It's so Nicki, the expressions are brilliant for her. I love the style of the piece, especially the make up and I adore the jeans!!

    ReplyDelete